Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing #10- Online Image Generator

Describe your discovery process in your blog. In your post, be sure to include ways you might use these image generators in the library 0r classroom

Exploring online image generators was a fascinating activity for me. Reformating photos is just fun and now there are lots of online websites and applications to foster this pasttime. I've been trying to play around with Glogster for a while now. I'd previously registered but never had the time to explore, so I did that today and it was really a breeze. There are so many options and so many choices! I really want to this source with my students but I think it may be blocked (or it may be Wordle that's blocked by the district). I would use this site to make posters/signage for my classroom or library. And students could design these as opposed to traditional book reports.




I also explored PhotoShack to add effects to one of my own photos. I was trying to do the magazine cover, but I was overwhelmed by the options.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3 comments:

  1. I didn't look into PhotoShack, but that looks like fun. I enjoy playing around with pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I read correctly, you said this was a phoot you took...it is lovely...the sky especially...makes me want to reach and touch.

    remind me in class and we ill talk about how to make things not bleed over into other columns....although in this case, I think your photo needs to be big for impact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, VWB the Houston skyline is a personal photo that I took with my phone.

    ReplyDelete