Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing #13- Delicious

Create a blog post about your experience and thoughts about this tool. Can you see the potential of this tool for research assistance? Or just as an easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed from anywhere? How can libraries or classroom teachers take advantage of social bookmarking sites?

Signing up for Delicious was quick and very easy. It automatically linked to my Yahoo! account (too bad it couldn't link to my Google). Even after skimming through the resources and the directions, it was confusing on how to add the bookmark to my Internet Explorer tab. Is a bokmark the same as a "favorite"?

I can definitely see the potential of using Delicious as a research tool. I could just tag the different sites and articles that I come across and students will have direct links. Furthermore, I can instantly share my links with other teachers and they can share their's with me. Instead of emailing, "Oh, I found this link." I can just tag it!

2 comments:

  1. I have a school Delicious account and it makes my life so much easier. I've taught all the kids to go to it when they have to access a web site. 6 year olds can't type a URL! I can't imagine running my library without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting up seperate school and personal delicious accounts is a great idea! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete