Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thing #9- Library Blogs and News Feeds

Prompt: Create a blog post about your experience that answers these questions:
Which Search tool was the easiest for you? Which was more confusing?
What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find?



There's no surprise that Google Blog search was the easiest for me to use. The most confusing was Technorati.

For this exercise, I know that were to search for professional blogs, but honest I was distracted. I inti tally focused more on personal entertainment blogs. I came across a highly popular urban blog of celebrity news that was created by a young lady I attended Texas A&M with. The blog is The Young, Black, and Fabulous.

Many people, especially non-African-Americans, are not aware of the holiday that is observed today. This date has much significance in the history of the United States. More information about Juneteenth can be found Terrasig Illata. This site was very educational.

Another educational resource is Vicki Davis's blog, Cool Cat Teacher Blog, was interesting. I found her post, How to Create Your Circle of the Wise: How to pick the reads in your RSS, about how to choose effective blogs to be uselful and practical. I loved the C. S. Lewis quote she concluded the post with:


I can relate this to my musical exploration. You never know who the next ground-breaking star will be, so I like to keep my ears open for new artists and now I can transfer this to my new blogging experiences so I can be transformed by insightful writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment