Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thing #7 Google Tools & Gadgets

After looking at each of Google tools, choose two of them to explore further. Try setting up an alert, calendar, notebook, or iGoogle page and using it. If sharing is an option for the tools you choose, make them public.


Blog about your experience with both tools and include a link (if you make it public) to your creation. Be sure and include possible educational uses.


Well, I'll preface this post by admitting that I'm a google fanatic. I love google and have been using it before it became a "verb." A few years ago, when I upgraded to my first touch screen smart phone (Palm Treo), I became very familiar with iGoogle. I used iGoogle on my smart phone but I still don't like using it on the computer for some reason.






Some of the tools I have previously on Google are the Scholar, calendar alerts, document sharing, news alerts, You Tube, and the calorie counter. And I always use Google maps- on computer and as phone application.

I decided to add translation gadget to my Google Homepage. This was easy to add and very easy to use. I could use this translator when trying to communicate with non-English speaking teachers and parents. Google should add an audio function so we can hear pronunciation as well.

I'm a Googler and I'm also a List person. I love to make lists, to use lists, and to check things off a list. The second tool I used was the "My ToDo List." It's fairly simple and nothing spectacular so I'll problbaby stick to the Tasks List on my phone. Though I liked the option of emailing and printing the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment