Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thing #8- RSS & Google Reader

Prompt:
What do you like about RSS and readers?
How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life?
How can libraries/teachers/administrators use readers or take advantage of this new technology?

Google has once again won my heart! Before getting to this "thing" on the list, I'd decided to play around with the Reader when I saw it while checking my email. I like how RSS brings all the news and updates to me and I don't have to go around to different sites, searching for updates. I can stop adding so many different sites to my favorites, and just subscribe to them in my Google Reader which is accessible from any computer. Educators (librarians, teachers, administrators) can use this technology to stay abreast of innovative ideas and to stay connected to leading professionals.

2 comments:

  1. Me too! it brings the info to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Reader is the thing that I use every single day. It keeps track of all the blogs I follow - now only if I had time to read them all properly!

    ReplyDelete